Monday, November 23, 2015

Authority by Jeff VanderMeer

Authority (Southern Reach, #2)Authority by Jeff VanderMeer
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I didn't even think I'd read this book. Book #1 in The Southern Reach Trilogy, Annihilation, started out compelling but became meandering and ponderous. I decided to give Book #2, Authority, a chance and boy am I glad I did. Much more character and dialog-driven. (The main character, Control, is well-fleshed out and complex. He drives the plot admirably.) Very revealing about what really happened to the people who went to Area X and those who came back. It ends on a note of great suspense that makes you very eager to read the final installment.

Cover Distraction Rating: Neon Orange background with a psychotic bunny next to a iPhone with a cracked screen? Yeah, you'll get some looks.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment